[Plone-UI] Developing themes with collective.skinny

Tim Knapp duffyd at kokorice.org
Mon May 4 21:57:38 UTC 2009

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for the clarification on this. I actually worked out the
fact that I can use any 'stuff' in the acquisition chain after I sent
this email (bit dense I guess ;). I had also gathered things need to go
through the 'main.Main' view class but thanks a lot for the
clarification on the 'render_content' attribute, very helpful. (As
discussed on #plone) I've developed a couple of fairly involved
collective.skinny themes now and will post a message to the mailing
list/my blog when they're live as well as my 'war stories' :)

Here's some interesting figures from ab for a collective.skinny theme VS
a standard plone site:

Standard Plone:

collective.skinny theme (with some heavy customisation):

Another collective.skinny theme (simple brochureware site):

Thanks again for an excellent package!

-Tim