[Plone-UI] Place some views' titles in the breadcrumbs

Israel Saeta Pérez dukebody at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:11:42 UTC 2009

Hello list,

This is the first time I read/write to this list so I apologize in
advance if I'm repeating something.

Recently, someone asked on the "usuarios-plone" list (plone-users in
Spanish) how to make a view appear in the breadcrumbs. Then I realized
that views such as "Site Map" or "Contact" don't show in the
breadcrumbs, since the breadcrumbs only show for content objects, and a
view isn't a content object.

My question is, wouldn't it be nice to make breadcrumbs show up for
views like those so we would see "You're Here: Home -> Contact us"
instead of only "You're here: Home"?

This could be paired with a developer mechanism to make views show in
the breadcrumbs, maybe checking for he "title" attribute of the view
class and showing it if available?

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for your reading time. :-)
-- israel