[Plone-UI] Singing&Dancing CSS Styles

Shuens s.huens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 21:38:44 UTC 2009

inline...

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:38 AM, redCOR AG Gerhard
Hug<gerhard at redcor.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In trying to applicate CSS-styles to my newsletter (Singing&Dancing) built in the content of a news-page (Kupu editor) i didn't get the result i wanted. Colors are shown, but not the font-family.
> How can one overwrite the browser-preferences of the font-family.

If colors are there but not the font-family property, probably could
be 1 of 3 situation,

1) You have a sintaxis error in your css (";", ":" and correct names
for properties are important).

2) The system doesn't have the font. example:
    If you are using the property => font-family:"Times New Roman";
and the system doesn't have "Time New Roman" is going to show the
browser default.
    A good idea is define several font names. If the browser does not
support the first font, it tries the next font and so. plone css has a
great example of this:
    body {
             font-family:"Lucida
Grande",Verdana,Lucida,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
            }

3) Your css rule doesn't have the correct specificity
http://htmldog.com/guides/cssadvanced/specificity/

> Thank You very much for an answer
>
> Best regards
> Gerhard