[Plone-UI] portal_action user category display on IE

Jeanie jeanie.schwenk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:50:56 UTC 2009

I am running Plone 3.2.2 and viewing on Firefox 3.0.12 and IE 7.  The client
uses IE 7 so it has to look good on IE 7.

I have customized the user portal_action by hiding the logout link and
adding 5 other links.  The links showing in this area were right justified
before I did anything so logout appeared on the far right above the
portlet-column-two.  After I hid and added those items, it is still right
justitifed in Firefox.  I was just toodling along on Firefox and thought I'd
best check it on IE now that I've made most of the changes.  IE though it is
not right justified.  It looks like it's right justified against the
portal-column-content-area when it should show up right justified above
portal-column-two.  Firebug in firefox didn't show anything odd.

Is this just a browser issue or does it have something to do with hiding
logout?  I tried adding specific right justification in the css but it
didn't have any effect in either browser.  It's a minor issue when it comes
to functionality but they're going to care about how it looks too.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeanie