[Plone-UI] Using Plone to edit webpages...really?

vedaw veda at onenw.org
Wed Feb 25 18:09:52 UTC 2009

Peter,

If you're new to Plone (and I'm going to sound like a broken record
recommending this), but the new Practical Plone book is intended for people
who are new to Plone. It walks you through all kinds of things that you'll
need to know to work on your site, from installing Plone, editing content,
managing workflow, customizing it, and deploying it:

http://www.packtpub.com/practical-plone-3-beginners-guide-to-building-powerful-websites/

It's only been out for a week or two, so it's hot off the presses and well
worth the money.

If you don't want to buy a book, can you clarify what exactly you are trying
to achieve (Theming? Editing? Setting up new users?) and we'll try to help.
Generally speaking, this list is for UI people, so I assume you are looking
for information on how to theme for Plone. You can find some great
documentation here:

http://plone.org/documentation/phc_topic_area?topic=Visual+Design#creating-theme-products

Pretty much anything with a star is worth looking at.

Best,

- Veda