[Plone-UI] Custom CSS for different portlet types?
vaporboy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:55:48 UTC 2009
I am trying to create a custom color header for each type of portlet type
within my theme. I have created some custom css in my ploneCustom.css
(<theme>/skins/theme_styles) for my theme using a rounded corner technique
and it looks great. What i would like to do, for example, is have the news
portlets have a grey header and RSS portlets to have an orange header, etc.
So for the news portlet, i have a custom news.pt file that i am loading
within my theme and i THINK i have to do the following:
1) set some sort of variable in my news.pt file such as 'portletColor
2) separate out the rounded corners css into a separate css file
3) call that css file within my news.pt and pass that variable to the css so
that the particular image it calls is the one that i have set as a variable
in the news.pt file.
So here are my questions:
1) am i thinking of this correctly?
2) if so, what type of file do i save this ccs as? a .pt or .dtml
3) where do i call this css from? browser/templates/blah.css.dtml(.pt) ??
4) how do i pass the variable value from the news.pt to the css and then
have the css render that value when it gets called?
I hope i have not been too confusing.
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Custom-CSS-for-different-portlet-types--tp2384432p2384432.html
Sent from the User Interface & Design mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the UI