[Plone-UI] Skinny 0.4 no longer leaks Plone views

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:35:09 UTC 2009

Hi (and sorry for cross-posting),

I've fixed Skinny's problem of leaking Plone views like
'/folder_listing' and friends.

What is Skinny?  It's a package to help you get started quickly with
developing a seperate, public-facing skin for your Plone site.  It's
been described as being vastly easier than skinning Plone the
conventional way.  But it also has a few drawbacks; one being that you
can't use it for community sites where people other than your site
editors log in and modify content.

If you're struggling with skinning your Plone site, I suggest you try it
out.  The package comes with an example skin that shows you how it
works.

You can find out more about Skinny and download it here:

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.skinny
  http://danielnouri.org/blog/devel/zope/plone-3-theming-shanes-theme.html

The last thing on my todo is to make Skinny easy to use as a *library*
package, instead of using it as a template, and then to create a
ZopeSkel template based on that.

--
http://danielnouri.org