[Plone-UI] How easy is it to customise Plone, really?

Espen Moe-Nilssen espen at medialog.no
Fri Sep 19 09:45:03 UTC 2008

I little about how I think of it (to keep it simple)
=THE APPROACH I WOULD TAKE T0 LEARN IT

1) How it looks (css)
2) Where stuff is, for exmple you want a navigaion meny or a
searchbox (portlets viewlets etc)
3) What (thing you have to make or install)
4) Making the theme "a product".

I would start with this:
(.... it is possible to do most of 1-3 TTW (through the web).)
1) do all css in ploneCustom.css (you find it and customize it)
2) you move things around and hides with:
     http://yoururl/@@manage-viewlets
     http://yourpage/@@manage-portlets

After you have managed to make a site look like you want, I would
start to learn 3 and 4.

(=css is the first thing you will have to learn)

Den 18. sep. 2008 kl. 10.34 skrev David Little:

> Hi,
>
> Just to add that if you're not too put off by the initial complexities
> of Plone theming, then it's definitely worth checking out Anne
> Bowtell's Plone theming guide on Plone.org:

who wouldnt ?