[Plone-UI] Take the Skinners Bowling! (aka the theming sprint)

Veda Williams veda at onenw.org
Sat Sep 6 00:35:28 UTC 2008

Actually, we don't want to go bowling. We want to go to the Plone skin
sprint after the DC conference, on October 11 and 12!

It's a lot to shoulder, but it will be fun and you really can make a
difference. Sign up and be counted!

SIGNUPS
--------
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-conference-2008-dc/theming

GETTING THERE:
---------------
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-conference-2008-dc/sprint

TOPICS:
-------

1) Patching / gardening of plone.org documentation specific to visual
theming section. In preparation, I am assembling a task list identifying
where we have weaknesses:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-documentation/visual-theming-section
-assessment

If you have ideas of docs you'd like to see created, now is the time to
suggest them.

2) Theme creation. It's an ongoing need, and a great way for new themers to
get ramped up on 3.0 technology. General caring and sharing will be involved
here.

Themes available for selection are here:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/ootb-plone-themes/which-themes-we-will-use

3) Technology solutions: Gloworm, Deliverance, themes.plone.org, additional
tools?

Suggestions are also welcome, and we're looking forward to seeing everyone
there.

Skinners Unite!

- Veda

Veda Williams, ONE/Northwest
Skinner / Project Manager / OOTB Theming Champion & Sprint Wrangler

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment