[Plone-UI] "More news...", <dd class="portletFooter"> disappeared

Silvestre Marcelo Huens s.huens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:30:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Kevin Harvey
<kevin.harvey at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

> It works totally fine when I apply it to a vanilla Plone instance. Weird,
> huh?
>
> Here's another puzzle piece: I moved the News smart folder to an interior
> folder. Could that have broken the view/all_news_link declaration? Where can
> I set that address?
> --

in particular, is the problem... :)
the declaration "view/all_news_links" says something like "in the
class associated with this template search for the method
all_new_links"
in the file "new.py" (plone/app/portlets/portlets ||
eggs/plone.app.portlets-xxxx-py2.4.egg/plone/app/plortlets/portlets ||
.browser/eggs/plone.app.portlets-xxxx-py2.4.egg/plone/app/plortlets/portlets)
you have:

    def all_news_link(self):
        portal_state = getMultiAdapter((self.context, self.request),
name=u'plone_portal_state')
        portal_url = portal_state.portal_url()
        portal = portal_state.portal()

        if 'news' in portal.objectIds():
            return '%s/news' % portal_url
        else:
            return None

where returns None if news is not a direct child of portal...

you can customize the portlet[1] or move the folder news again to the
root of the site...
that should be enough to make appear the link again...

maybe i'm missing a more simple solution =)...

[1] http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/override-the-portlets-in-plone-3.0

regards...
Q.

--