[Plone-UI] How easy is it to customise Plone, really?

bluemonkey gmiller at aktion.com
Wed Nov 26 16:35:54 UTC 2008

I've found I'm in this exact same boat, except I was hired by a company to
build web designs/skins for Plone/eCommerce.  My company employs a very good
Python developer. However, I do not think they (the company higher-ups) know
much about Plone.

I am very good at learning on my own--but I wasn't prepared for this.

I've got quite a bit of experience working in interface design and web
design but strictly no Python programming experience. I've also done quite a
bit of stuff with ActionScript.  I've been spending the past four weeks
pouring over tutorials, manuals, and reading selective chapters of the
Cooper and Aspeli's books.

This actually makes a lot of sense, I've been playing around with
base_properties, the idea of the CSS layers and etc, but no-where was there
info about how to upload a folder of images and point to them using the CSS
pages.

I would be very interested in working with the Plone Forum to build out my
skin idea as, my company is creating a long, long list of clients who want
eCommerce sites and me to design them all. Yikes!

--blueMonkey