[Plone-UI] How do I switch skins after login using Zope 3 constructs?

maheathman maheathman at heathcon.com
Tue Mar 18 02:06:41 UTC 2008

I am trying to create a new theme for my Plone 3.0.3/Zope 2.10.5/Python
2.4.4/freebsd6 site, using Zope 3 constructs as much as possible.  I wish
anonymous users to use a skin different from logged in users, and am in the
process of implementing a solution based off of
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/switching-skins which will set a
"logged-in" skin after successful login.  This includes calling an external
method from login_success to set the logged-in skin.  I was going to add the
external method to an Extensions folder in the themes Product referenced
from the login_success template tal:condition="not:isAnon" div via a
tal:define="dummy here/..." attribute (and proxy script).  However, is there
a more appropriate Zope 3 method other than an external method in the
Product Extensions folder?  I've gone through Aspeli's "Professional Plone
Development" book, and nothing leaps out at me.  Thanks in advance for any
advice.

-- Michael