[Plone-UI] navigation and tabs: context sensitive customization?

catherine_w csw14 at psu.edu
Thu Jun 19 21:05:39 UTC 2008

molden wrote:

> 1.... I have 2 folders in my plone root which are called "jobs" and
> "education"... what I want is that by clicking on the "jobs" tab (or
> navigation) the site is displayed in certain colors which are different
> from the colors once I click on the "education" tab (so the user is able
> to know by color in which section...he is navigating currently).

Plone automatically gives you a CSS class associated with the body tag of
each section (in your case, these will be class="section-jobs" and
class="section-education"). You can use this class for section-specific
styling.

molden wrote:

> 3. I have a folder which I don't want to show as a tab but I still want it
> in the navigation portlet

This page may help: https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/wiki/MakeGlobalTabs

Regards
Catherine