Re[Plone-UI] moving the user link from the personal bar

Veda Williams veda at onenw.org
Fri Jul 11 21:05:38 UTC 2008

Hi Dan,

It depends on exactly what you're trying to do. It sounds like you only want
to hide the user link, not the entire personal bar, right?

If you want to hide the user link from all users, you can do what I did
here, which is just comment out the relevant pieces (the user link only):

http://paste.plone.org/22524

Don't forget you have to deal with the rest of the boilerplate of overriding
class templates if you do this.

If you want to hide it from one user in particular, you might have to ask on
plone-users how to do that. I'm not a pythonista and don't know the syntax
for finding a specific user.

HTH,

- Veda