[Plone-UI] access folders via Plone?

Jason J Jasonj at borm.com
Tue Feb 26 19:07:50 UTC 2008

Hello.  I would like to use Plone as a way to access a folder structure
already on the server.  (very similiar to an FTP server)  I have thousands
of files/folders and do not want to add each one individually!  These files
would need to be visible from both the Intranet and the Extranet.  I would
like to have internal users post files for external users to get.

In a perfect world I would also be able to add some search tags to the files
so that they can be searched from within Plone.

Does anyone know of someting that can do this?  I'm new to plone and still
getting my feet wet. :)
I found a few things on the site that looked like they might work, but they
either only ran on older versions of Plone, or didnt do quite what i was
after.  I'm running 3.0.6

Thanks in advance,
Jason