[Plone-UI] Creating thumbnails of documents

Espen Moe-Nilssen espen at medialog.no
Thu Feb 14 13:13:05 UTC 2008

I recon it would somehow (but difficult) be possible to use
ghostscript to convert some of the formats.

Actually, if you use a mac as a server, it should be possible to do
this with applescipt (My first idea would be to store the file
external and have a applescript look in that folder and open the
files and save to jpg and then use the jpg-file in the template.

Guess people that know python can do this too.

Think the whole thing gonna be quite errorprone

If you are just trying to make a media-database, you might want to
check out Canto Cumulus which does this out of the box, as far as I
can remember