[Plone-UI] IE 7 Scaling issue

laurencepawling laurence.pawling at ni.com
Wed Feb 13 10:29:18 UTC 2008

I'm using Plone 2.5.3, and if you view the site in IE 7 and scale/zoom (i.e.
Ctrl-+ or Ctrl--), then the li elements that make up the menus aren't
rendered correctly, with all the text getting bunched up.
The same is also true of the top bar menu in plone.org itself (try it!).
I can hack CSS to a certain extent, but it's certainly not pretty, so I've
changed the main menu for our intranet but left the "documentEditable" menu
(Contents/View/Edit/etc) in the usual Plone style. IE7 is the standard
browser in the company (don't say it!), and it's causing problem for the
people with laptops with stupidly hi-res screens who need to view at, say,
125%.
Has anyone come across a workaround?
Thanks!
Laurence