[Plone-UI] What is the Bare-ist of Templates

Bruce Deutsch brucend75 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 11:23:27 UTC 2008

Espen,

I see what you mean.  Thank you for sticking in there.

I'm slowly moving in the direction of a complete, elegant solution to this, though it is taking some time.

Ultimately, I want to create a standard "window" into the whole world of "objects" that exist/can-exist in the realm of zope/plone.  Rather than use xhtml as the primary window mechanism, I want to use the Flash Player.  The idea is to use all the power of Flash/Actionscript (and, even, PaperVision3D) as the visual medium, with all the object managing power of Zope/Plone.

I'm moving to the idea of creating a new object type called FlashSite, cloning either from Plone4ArtistsVideo or ATFlashMovie, to associate with the SWF.  Then, I'll build a view to associate with the instantiation of the Flash Site.

Sound right?  Your thoughts on Plone4ArtistsVideo or ATFlashMovie as the source for the object cloning?

Thanks again.