[Plone-UI] CSSManager, base_properties - simplification (plone3)

chris does plone chriswilshaw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:33:32 UTC 2008

hi,

I will 2nd your approach, request and opinion. 6 colours sounds very
reasonable - the situation now with CSSManager and Base_Properties is that
one can choose as many different colour values as there are boxes.

I see this being most useful when there is a pallet of 6 colours and the
values they set are grouped. So Heading colour is also border color and
active link colour (however the designer defines &dtml in the stylesheets.

then Ms User is only choosing 6 colours and making sweeping changes - there
will be no similar shades of the same colour as can be (badly) obtained from
a colour picker and far fewer changes for them to make so they don't get
swamped by 20 input boxes every time they want to edit - a visual
representation of these colours together on the page would be great too so
they can see day-glo pink and green is going to hurt before they commit.

cheers