[Plone-UI] Hiding personal bar Log in string

gegard ggardiner at iee.org
Wed Apr 2 17:00:21 UTC 2008

In Plone 3.0.x I can see how to unsubscribe from Join, but I still have a
'Log in' string on the personal bar.

To eliminate that, I can see that you can unselect the 'visible' checkbox in
portal_actions/users, or keep it visible and change its name to ' ' instead
of 'Log in'. The trouble with this is that the personal bar collapses to a
line in Firefox (but not in IE, at least not for the second method). So at
the moment I have the action still visible and its name is '.'.

Is there a simple method for hiding the string or disabling login entirely
whilst still keeping the personal bar at its usual thickness? I could mess
around with the Python code as recommended
http://www.nabble.com/use-a-icon-for-login-%28plone.personal_bar%29-in-plone-3.0.x-to14715801s6746.html#a14715801
here  but that seems a bit excessive and fragile.

Thanks,
Geoff