[Plone-UI] Hide News, Events tabs... again

Hajnal ahajnal at sztaki.hu
Wed Oct 17 09:24:22 UTC 2007

First, thanks for the responses! I try to summarize the results. Maybe it it
useful for other
newbies, like me. The solution below maybe not the best one, please correct
me, if you know a better one. I repeat: I am not an expert. My priority
order was: via Plone, via ZMI, via CSS (or
whatever, in the file system...).

Using Plone UI...

Unlike the Users tab, the Exclude from navigation does not seem to work for
News and Events tabs
(as I would expect) in Plone 3.0.1 (and 3.0.2). In the old version (2.5.3)
it works fine.

In Site Setup>Navigation>Automatically generate tabs, you can turn tabs for
root level folders off
(including News, Events).

Now you have to create tabs for your folders... you need ZMI.

Using ZMI...

If you use /portal_actions>Actions tab>Add, your new tab will appear on the
left side of Home.
(I couldn't move to the right, so I skip this branch.)

If you go to /portal_actions/portal_tabs, you will see 'index_html (Home)'
only.
Use can use the Add button (CMF Action), or clone (Copy+Paste) index_html,
then you can modify your new tab. The main properties: Title: Your tab name,
URL (Expression): string:$portal_url/your_folder, Permission: View, Visible?
Yes.

Now you have your own custom tab, and don't forget to create your_folder.
Thanks to Ree, and others.