[Plone-UI] Question to plone 3.0 concerning css Styles

Michael Krishtopa theo.ukr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:53:02 UTC 2007

> I have problems width customizing styles in plone 3.0. Is it possible to do
> it width ploneCustom.css as before? Does it work in the same way as before
> to overwrite the default styles?
> When I chose "default" it shows the standard plone style without my changes
> and when I chose "MyTheme" it shows my changes but no default styles. How to
> do the combination of both?

If you generate theme with DIYPloneStyle, look in the folder
YourTheme/skins/somefolder_styles. There you'll see files:
base.css.dtml
portlets.css.dtml
public.css.dtml

This 3 empty files cover the same files in standart Plone theme. Delete
it, create ploneCustom.css.dtml file there and work only with it, if you
want.