[Plone-UI] Hide News, Events tabs... again

Hajnal ahajnal at sztaki.hu
Tue Oct 9 11:08:29 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I want to hide News and Events tabs from anonymous visitors.

Is there any way to do this without doing magics via ZMI (I am a newbie),
as it can be done with the Users folder (Edit>Settings>Exclude from
navigation)?
(These folders are too smartfolders for me, exclude from navigation does not
seem to have effect in the case of News and Events...)

Site setup>Navigation Settings>Automatically generate tabs off does it, but
I cannot display
tabs for other folders later.

I read this forum, but the solutions seemed to be too complicated for this
very common task
(first to-do at tailoring).

I am using Plone 3.

Thanks,