[Plone-UI] Re: How to do roundtrip theme design with graphic/web designer?

Jinshi jinshiz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:35:09 UTC 2007

Thank you very much for both of your replies. I had the thought of
roundtrip editing of templates because of the ZPT tutorial by Limi. I
imagined that there would be just a set of pt, css, html and image
files, which can be loaded by designer to do the design. And later,
developer adds some tal/metal tags to make it a plone template.
Apparently, this is not the case.

The more I read, the better I realized that the difficulty is because we
want to use as much features provided by main_template as possible.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I suppose the roundtrip editing
would be easy if we start with main_template from scratch. Then, we can
use designers html page as main_template and add all the tags and pull
all the macros/slots. I know some CMS do not provide any starting
template at all. Of course, this may not be what everyone wants (I
certainly don't think I want to do that).

There was a proposal trying to make things easier:
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/SiteThemes
http://www.zope.org/Members/zopepaul/zopesitethemesdiagram.png

But apparently, it is still a proposal.

Thanks for your help!