[Plone-UI] Plone 3: Calendar portlet text rendering outside border in IE7

unsword plone at unsworth.org
Wed Nov 7 01:37:58 UTC 2007

Thanks to some pointers from this list I have found the solution.

After changing the width of the portal to see which elements were not sizing
correcttly and then playing with the cssEdit Add-On for Firefox to help me
figure out exactly which pieces of the css were causing problems in Internet
Explorer I finally ended up customizing  IEFixes.css (located in
/portal_skins/plone_styles/IEFixes.css ) with the following:

/* Calendar fixes */
.ploneCalendar {
    border-collapse:collapse;
    width:100%;
    height:1%;
}
.portletCalendar {
    width: 114%;
    margin: 1px 0 1em 0;
}
.portletCalendar dt {
    font-weight: normal;
    text-align: center;
    line-height: 1.6em;
    border-bottom: none;
    width: auto;
    margin: 0;
}
.ploneCalendar td {
    width:1%;
}
.ploneCalendar .todaynoevent,
.ploneCalendar .todayevent {
    position: relative;
}

The Calendar portlet now renders very well in both IE6 and IE7 as shown
below

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13619510/Plone%2BCal%2BIE7_Fixed.jpg