[Plone-UI] Re: skin per folder

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at rice.edu
Tue May 29 16:01:57 UTC 2007

Xavi Rubio wrote:
> Hi,  I'm trying to do the same (using a different logo for each folder), but
> I can't manage to make this work. I put a logo.jpg on my folder (i.e. if the
> folder is http://localhost/foo, I have uploaded an image from ZMI to 'foo'
> folder) a well as a ploneCustom.css stylesheet marking where is the
> background for this folder:
>
> #portal-logo {
>     background: url(&dtml-portal_url;/foo/&dtml-logoName;) no-repeat;
>     border: 0;
>     margin: 0.75em 0em 0.75em 1.5em;
>     padding: 0;
> }
>
> What I'm doing wrong? Any ideas?

Remember that CSS files are processed in their own request, and usually
are fetched from the root of the site instead of the current path. If
you load

http://localhost/
will load
http://localhost/ploneCustom.css

and

http://localhost/Members/alice/funstuff
will load
http://localhost/ploneCustom.css

The only way to get a CSS file to retrieve information from the context
is to make sure it's called in context. So that

http://localhost/Members/alice/funstuff
will load
http://localhost/Members/alice/funstuff/ploneCustom.css

This requires changes to the machinery that fetches the CSS. I think
it's usually easier to switch skins; I think there's a recipe on
zopelabs for that.

           --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"