[Plone-UI] Re: Re: tables in Plone

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu May 17 06:39:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:22:45 -0700, Alexander Limi
<limi at plone.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:04:18 -0700, Mads Kiilerich
> <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
>
>> You are right. mxTidi wasn't enabled when the content was made.
>> Strictly it isn't valid HTML.
>
> Then no rendering engine will behave in a predictive manner. Making sure
> your HTML is valid is priority #1 for tracking down any kind of bug in
> CSS rendering.
>
>> It is however HTML that can be made with Kupu in a out-of-the-box
>> plone, and if it wasn't for the workarounds for other cosmetic IE bugs
>> then IE would render it just fine. Several developers has been hit by
>> the bug and spent a lot of time trying to reproduce it, catch it and
>> work around it. So a solution would be nice...
>
> Just disabling that rule will break other things in IE, if I remember
> correctly.
>
> Install mxTidy? (hopefully we'll include it in the default installers
> with the upcoming releases)

Kupu has now included a cleanup filter that makes sure that tables don't
end up inside <p> tags. This is present in Kupu trunk, which means that
the 1.4 release will have it included (currently in beta). If you want to
test it, use the current SVN version of Kupu:

svn co https://codespeak.net/svn/kupu/trunk/kupu

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net