[Plone-UI] Re: Have portal_tab link to external URL and open it in new window

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at rice.edu
Fri Jun 22 15:56:52 UTC 2007

familyman wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to do this:
> I want a portal_tab (already set up in portal_actions, no problems there) to
> link to an external URL (no problem with string:http://www.website.dom)
> which works okay. Now I want to open the linked-to website in a new browser
> window. Can this be done in the portal_actions as well? Perhaps with an
> extended string command?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for any comments/help. I've searched the forums but nobody seemed to
> have come up with anything...

No; that requires a different attribute, and one that actions do not
generate. You could attach it with Javascript, since those links have
nice ids on them. (I suppose there's the javascript: URL type, but
that's ugly.)

I do hate it when websites do that to me, though.

               --jcc

--
Connexions
http://cnx.org