[Plone-UI] Effective and Expiration Dates

Lamar lamar at wildhavencreative.com
Tue Jan 23 17:52:53 UTC 2007

I'm afraid I don't understand how effective and expiration dates are
supposed to work in Plone. So far, I've been unable to see that these
settings actually do anything useful. The object has to be published in
order for these settings to work, which effectively makes them useless,
at least the way my site needs to be implemented.

Is there any way to set up a workflow or some other setting so that the
  effective date changes the workflow of a private item to make it
published, or the expiration date changes the workflow of a published
item to make it private?

Thanks.

Lamar Henderson
lamar at wildhavencreative.com