[Plone-UI] customizing the navigation portlet output (html-tags)

Stefan Jurisch s.jurisch at siegnetz.de
Tue Dec 4 16:33:37 UTC 2007

hello,

I'm just building a new homepage for my company and I have to customize the navigation portlet a little bit:
there are different tags, which form the navigation, but I just want only the <li>-tags for navtree-creation. NOT like the following

<ul class="portletNavigationTree navTreeLevel0">
<li class="navTreeItem visualNoMarker">
           class="state-private"
           title="Container for users' home directories">
        </a>
</li>

<li class="navTreeItem visualNoMarker">
           class="state-private" title="Site Events">
        </a>
</li>

[...]

but like the following given example:

<ul class="portletNavigationTree navTreeLevel0">
<li class="navTreeItem visualNoMarker">
           class="state-private"
           title="Container for users' home directories">Users</a>
</li>

<li class="navTreeItem visualNoMarker">
           class="state-private" title="Site Events">Events</a>
</li>

additionally I'd like to delete the <ul>-sublists, which form the sub-navtrees.
in fact the navigation should work only with <li>-tags, formatted by different css-classes.

how and where can I modify the output of the navtree-portlet. I did not find any possibilities in the templates. and the python-code seems not to contain any tags or so.

who can help?

thanks in advance.

best regards from germany.
stefan jurisch