[Plone-UI] Change background color sitewide

Chris Chambers chris at cpcengineeringdesign.com
Tue Dec 4 18:52:37 UTC 2007

doughty wrote:

> A staffer attended a Plone workshop and managed to change the background
> color of our site throughout, but forgot how to change it back. Can
> someone provide step-by-step instructions for me? I have a reading
> familiarity with the ZMI, but am not a regular or intuitive user.

In a Cascading Style Sheet CSS an override or edit has been made to:

body {
background-color: #CCCFFF;
}

If this has been done through custom skin layer then you can use the ZMI
from /portal_skins and check custom and see if there is an override here.

You could search for part of this (CCCFFF) in a document on the file system.
It may well have been done by editing base_properties also found in a skin
layer in ZMI /portal_skins but I'm not sure which layer to look in first. If
you could explain which Plone version and what approach they took someone
else might be able to pin point this better?

Good luck

Chris