[Plone-UI] Re: Re: tables in Plone

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Apr 27 00:22:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:04:18 -0700, Mads Kiilerich
<mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:

> You are right. mxTidi wasn't enabled when the content was made. Strictly
> it isn't valid HTML.

Then no rendering engine will behave in a predictive manner. Making sure
your HTML is valid is priority #1 for tracking down any kind of bug in CSS
rendering.

> It is however HTML that can be made with Kupu in a out-of-the-box plone,
> and if it wasn't for the workarounds for other cosmetic IE bugs then IE
> would render it just fine. Several developers has been hit by the bug
> and spent a lot of time trying to reproduce it, catch it and work around
> it. So a solution would be nice...

Just disabling that rule will break other things in IE, if I remember
correctly.

Install mxTidy? (hopefully we'll include it in the default installers with
the upcoming releases)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net