[Plone-UI] Re: tables in Plone

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Thu Apr 26 22:04:18 UTC 2007

Alexander Limi wrote, On 04/26/2007 10:37 PM:
>> It sounds like http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/5556
>>
>> My "solution" in my setup was to remove "the limi hack" in
>> IEFixes.css. I don't know what the hack was good for, but it seems
>> like it would be best to remove it ASAP - ie 2.5.3...
>
> Tables inside paragraph tags is not valid HTML. Have you enabled
> mxTidy on your server?

You are right. mxTidi wasn't enabled when the content was made. Strictly
it isn't valid HTML.

It is however HTML that can be made with Kupu in a out-of-the-box plone,
and if it wasn't for the workarounds for other cosmetic IE bugs then IE
would render it just fine. Several developers has been hit by the bug
and spent a lot of time trying to reproduce it, catch it and work around
it. So a solution would be nice...

/Mads