[Plone-UI] Re: Why won't my custom main_template override the default?

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Wed Apr 25 01:08:05 UTC 2007

tripslip38 wrote:
> 1) I built a product from DIYPloneStyle 2.5.2, ran generator.py and it built
> my custom product.
> 2) I want to just make minor changes to the default Plone look, so I copied
> the contents of base.css.dhtml into my
> my_theme/my_theme_styles/base.css.dhtml. I did the same with
> public.css.dhtml. Everything looks good. My skin is selected and it's
> marking up with the Plone look.
> 3)  I copied Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_templates/main_template.pt to
> my_theme_templates/main_template.pt
>
> Any changes I make to this version of main_template don't show up. Am I
> right to assume that the presence of this file should override the default?
> I've restarted Zope, refreshed, etc. CSS changes appear, but changes to my
> custom main_template.pt do not.

It would probably be better to ask this question on plone-users, but in
any event, that is odd. Does *anything* in that my_theme_templates work?
   For example if you stick an image in that directory 'foo.jpg' and
then go to your browser and type (something like)
http://localhost:8080/Plone/foo.jpg do you get the image or an error?