[Plone-UI] Why won't my custom main_template override the default?

tripslip38 zane at novacoast.com
Tue Apr 24 21:16:54 UTC 2007

1) I built a product from DIYPloneStyle 2.5.2, ran generator.py and it built
my custom product.
2) I want to just make minor changes to the default Plone look, so I copied
the contents of base.css.dhtml into my
my_theme/my_theme_styles/base.css.dhtml. I did the same with
public.css.dhtml. Everything looks good. My skin is selected and it's
marking up with the Plone look.
3)  I copied Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_templates/main_template.pt to
my_theme_templates/main_template.pt

Any changes I make to this version of main_template don't show up. Am I
right to assume that the presence of this file should override the default?
I've restarted Zope, refreshed, etc. CSS changes appear, but changes to my
custom main_template.pt do not.

I'm very new to Plone customization. I searched on this topic, but could not
find my answer. I'm sure it's something very obvious, but I have to admit
some of this is not that intuitive as regular skinning with CSS. Thanks.