[Plone-UI] Page Borders and Backgrounds

vedawms vedawms at unc.edu
Mon Oct 9 16:54:56 UTC 2006

Anything is possible, depending on your level of knowledge of CSS and working
with the main template. Personally, I would approach it by creating the
hairline graphics, and tiling them in the left column and right column, and
also in the header area of the graphic (the header area might have a
slightly different graphic, depending on what it looks like). You can define
the background color for the interior area (column one, column content,
column two), and then use the body style to define an external color. I
don't know of any stock skins that offer this, but I do know it is possible.

Here's an example of something similar that we did recently:

http://college.unc.edu/

It took some tweaking, but is indeed possible.

I wish I could give you more information on it, but it's really just a
matter of tiling an image within the specific columns you are working with
and a little trial and error.

Cheers,

- Veda