[Plone-UI] Re: UI effort for Plone 3.0

Christophe Bélanger christophe.belanger at mac.com
Wed Nov 29 16:14:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

Alexander Limi a écrit :

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:56:57 -0800, Christophe Bélanger
> <christophe.belanger at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to help on accessibility issues. Is it possible ?
>

> Absolutely. There should be a couple of other people on this list by
> now  that are responsible for the accessibility part.
>
> The thing I'd like to see first is some sort of report/overview from
> people that are actually using screen readers on what they like — and
> especially what they do not like — about the current UI (Plone 2.5).
> I  assume one of the main problems is that there are too many
> structures, and  that navigation is complex, but I'd like to know
> exactly what people are  struggling with, and suggestions on how to
> fix it.

We will perform an accessibility analyse of Plone 2.5. Provinding
outputs for WCAG 1.0 compliance and functionnal analyse (JAWS 6.20).

We have evaluated more than 600 web sites, mostly for government
organisations. We try to respect as much as possible WCAG recommendations.

The major problem will be that our repport is only offer in french for
now and as you can read my english is not that good :-)

--

Christophe Bélanger