[Plone-UI] Re: CSS dropdown portal tabs "behind" video object

Pawel Lewicki lewicki at provider.pl
Thu Nov 23 23:46:09 UTC 2006

Kevin Brail wrote:

> Alex- Thanks for the response.  I have found a couple solutions, but not
> the "total" solution.
>
> You can make the tabs render on top of flash content by adding:
>
> To the object code:
> <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
>
> To the EMBED tag:
> wmode="transparent"
>
> You can make the tabs render on top of windows media player by adding
> this to the object code:
>
> <param name="windowlessvideo" value="true">
>
> This doesnt work in firefox, but does in IE.
>
> I am still having issues getting the menus to draw on top of real video
> and quicktime video (we display all of these) and windows media for
> firefox.
>
> I am experimenting with the "Iframe shim" method in which a non
> transparent iframe is drawn behind the menu items that can effectively
> "block" the media (or form, object, etc) elements. What is proving
> difficult is getting the dimensions of the dropdown menu to the JS code
> for the iframe, so it knows where and how large to make the iframe.
>
> When (and if) I get this worked out, i will be certain to post to the
> list. This seems like a prevalent problem without any quick answers.
>
> Kevin

Hi,
I had the same problem with drop-down menus behind flash.
I solved it by changing the way <object> was embedded:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="xxx.swf" height="150"
width="764">
   <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain">
   <param name="quality" value="best">
   <param name="wmode" value="opaque">
   <param name="movie" value="xxx.swf" />
</object>

against

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
width="764" height="150" id="xxx-banner" align="top">
   <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
   <param name="movie" value="bbpp.swf" />
   <param name="quality" value="high" />
   <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
   <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />					  <embed src="xxx.swf"
quality="high" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="764"
height="150" name="xxx-banner" align="top"
allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>

I just found working piece of code. I think that key parameter is
<embed> here.

Pawel