[Plone-UI] Re: CSS dropdown portal tabs "behind" video object

Kevin Brail kevin_brail at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:07:53 UTC 2006

Alex- Thanks for the response.  I have found a couple solutions, but not the
"total" solution.

You can make the tabs render on top of flash content by adding:

To the object code:
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

To the EMBED tag:
wmode="transparent"

You can make the tabs render on top of windows media player by adding this
to the object code:

<param name="windowlessvideo" value="true">

This doesnt work in firefox, but does in IE.

I am still having issues getting the menus to draw on top of real video and
quicktime video (we display all of these) and windows media for firefox.

I am experimenting with the "Iframe shim" method in which a non transparent
iframe is drawn behind the menu items that can effectively "block" the media
(or form, object, etc) elements. What is proving difficult is getting the
dimensions of the dropdown menu to the JS code for the iframe, so it knows
where and how large to make the iframe.

When (and if) I get this worked out, i will be certain to post to the list.
This seems like a prevalent problem without any quick answers.

Kevin