[Plone-UI] one tab with 4 boxes in it?

erik ecampbell at bsaarchitects.com
Fri Jul 21 16:45:12 UTC 2006

hello,

i'm new to plone and trying to set up an intranet site for the office i'm
working at.  we would like to have four boxes under the portal tabs that
have links to documents in each box.  i was told that the best way to do
this is to turn off the left and right portals (which i have already done)
and to then set up a new tab that will conatin the four boxes (which i
believe can be set up with a table or css).  my question is how do i set up
the tab that contains the four boxes?

we would like to establish something like this website  http://www.rsr.ch/
but with portal tabs set up at the top plus four boxes underneath them.

i know how to do this in wysiwyg editers like dreamweaver and golive, but
plone is completely new to me.  is it possible to build a template in
dreamweaver and then import it into plone?

any help would be much appreciated.

erik