[Plone-UI] Re: future plans for deprecating dtml in css

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Jul 3 03:42:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:58:38 -0700, Ian F. Hood
<IanFHood at gmail.com> wrote:

> I keep reading that using dtml to plug vars into css will be deprecated.
> Is there any information, PLIPs, or work being done to that end?  I am
> interested in knowing what direction that is (or may be) going, if anyone
> knows.

Don't worry about it for now; we will supply a way of doing some of the
same things when we change it.

Right now, it'll stay around, but we will probably look into reducing the
number of variables for 3.0, since the only thing that makes sense to have
system-wide attributes for is the color preferences. The other stuff was
targeted for Plone 1.0, which didn't have the richer customization
abilitites of the later releases.