[Plone-UI] Re: RTL - Hebrew unusable in IE6 and FF

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Feb 28 23:06:31 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:27:14 -0600, Roey Almog
<roeyalmog at 013.net> wrote:

> We suffer from the RTL problems in Plone - first some information
> regarding
> what we do (if you have time to read...). In short - if we provide
> funding can
> things be done quicker ? and how much funding is needed ?

There were some recent fixes submitted that will go into 2.1.3. If you can
test this and report back, that would be appreciated.

The fixes are here:

http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/5299

CSS debugging (especially with RTL) is hard to predict, but 10-20 hours
should be enough to get it in good shape. If you're interested in hiring
me for this work, please contact me off-list, and we'll work something
out. Not all browsers are possible to support, but we should be able to
support IE and Firefox at the very least.

> I currently use a modified Plone 2.0 skin to support RTL (like in
> http://cfe.org.il or http://infoneto.co.il) the current problems in the
> RTL
> version in Plone 2.1 prevent new users to use Plone - the old Egg &
> Chicken
> story - They'll use Plone if it has good RTL support, Plone RTL problems
> will
> be fixed if there is enough demand...

Yes, I see exactly what you mean. I want it to work too. :)