[Plone-UI] Re: Plone RTL Fixes / Hacks - logo, sitemap & overlapping icons

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Feb 17 12:48:19 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 04:08:33 -0800, Ben Osman
<ben at smoothify.com> wrote:

> Do you think the minor change to the global_personaltools (with
> corresponding css)  will be ok or do you have any suggestions of a
> different way?
>
> For reference
>
> <ul id="global-personaltools">
>      <li>...</li>
> </ul>
>

> becomes

>    <ul>
>      <li>...</li>
>    </ul>
>

> As far as i can see this won't affect the visual apperance of LTR if the
> following is set in public.css.dtml:
>
> #portal-personaltools ul {
>     margin : 0;
>     padding : 0;
> }

I'd prefer not moving IDs around, as skinning and code might depend on
that structure. So maybe we should introduce a new class/ID that you can
latch on to instead?

Plone needs some work to separate out visual styling to only apply to
classes and not to IDs, but I'm unsure of whether we should apply this to
Plone 2.5 or 3.0. The most likely candidate is 3.0, I think.