[Plone-UI] Simple info submit/retrieve page

Greg Baker gbaker at cs.mun.ca
Thu Apr 13 14:54:35 UTC 2006

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this message.

I am in the process of converting our old, PHP based website over to plone,
and there are a few things that I am unsure about.

We have a page that allows landlords to post a small advertisement for
apartments around the university campus which students can browse.  The
page is a simple php/mysql solution that I would like to convert over to
zope/plone.

I am not sure what the best way to do this is.  Should I attempt to create a
product using archetypes, or is there an easier way?

Basically, all I want is a submission page, an administrative page to
approve submissions, and a viewing page that can view and search the
submissions (search criteria include location, price).  The submissions
need to be categorized (apartment, room, house, etc.).

It need not be an overly complicated solution.  My problem is, I don't know
where to start to do such a thing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Really I'm just looking for a direction to go.  I can research everything
myself once I have a plan of action.

Thanks.
Greg