[Plone-UI] Plone 2.1 Navigation css

Peter Millar peter.millar at parasyn.com.au
Tue Nov 15 03:26:17 UTC 2005

I am trying to remove the shading and border from the currently selected
item and from the hover. I want to be boring and just have the text change
colour.

I have tried changing css as specified below. I have noticed that when I set
the border to none in .navTreeCurrentItem it doesn't turn it off.  I have
gone through every css file in the CMFPlone directory, searched for every
instance of hover, set each of the border properties to 2em pink, and I
don't see it.  It is almost like something is overwriting changes that I
make in the custom.css.  For example here is one thing I did.

.navTreeCurrentItem {
background-color: none;
color: &dtml-globalFontColor;;
border: none;
}

I even tried overwriting the classes.  Doing this worked a whole heap better
I could remove the border from the current item,  but the hover border is
still there.

What am I missing here???

/* New navtree styles */
.portletNavigationTree {
background-color: &dtml-contentViewBackgroundColor;;
margin: 0 0 0 -1em;
padding: 0;
list-style: none;
list-style-image: none;
line-height: 1em;
}

.navTree {
list-style: none;
list-style-image: none;
margin-top: 0px;
}

.navTree li {
margin-bottom: 1px;
margin-left: -1em;
}

.navMyTreeItem {
border-bottom: 1px #2F111C solid;
margin-top: 1px;
margin-bottom: 1px
}

.navMyTreeItem a {
border: 0;
display: block;
text-decoration: none;
padding-top: 1em;
padding-bottom: 1em;
}

.navMyTreeItem a:hover {
border: 0;
display: block;
text-decoration: none;
padding-top: 0em;
padding-bottom: 0em;
}

.navMyTreeCurrentItem {
background-color: transparent;
color: &dtml-globalFontColor;;
border: 2em &dtml-borderStyle; pink important!;
}

li.navMyTreeCurrentItem a,
li.navMyTreeCurrentItem a:hover {
display: block;
background-color: transparent;
border: 0;
min-height: 1.6em;
line-height: 1.6em;
height: auto;
}

/* </dtml-with> */

<dtml-in "portal_types.listTypeInfo()">
#portlet-navigation-tree .contenttype-<dtml-var
"plone_utils.normalizeString(id)">,
#portlet-navigation-tree .actionMenu .contenttype-<dtml-var
"plone_utils.normalizeString(id)"> a:hover {
background-image: none;
}

#portlet-navigation-tree .contenttype-<dtml-var
"plone_utils.normalizeString(id)"> a:hover,
#portlet-navigation-tree .contenttype-<dtml-var
"plone_utils.normalizeString(id)"> a.navTreeCurrentItem {
background-image: none;
}

</dtml-in>

Peter Millar