[Plone-UI] Plone group editing bug #2821 - Managing groups from control panel

Don Hopkins dhopkins at DonHopkins.com
Thu May 26 07:24:34 UTC 2005

There's a critical control panel bug #2821 with editing groups:

#2821 - Managing groups from control panel
http://plone.org/collector/2821

When you add users to groups, they don't show up in the "Current Group
Memberships" list on the prefs_user_memberships dialog.
I've added some comments describing how to reproduce this intermittent
bug.

Who is working on this bug? I'd like to exchange notes and help fix it.
It doesn't seem to be assigned to anyone, but it's slated for Plone 2.1.

I've been trying to fix this bug, and it's a tough one, possibly
involving the GRUF or its acl_user folders. None of the obvious things
like calling GRUFUser.clearCachedGroupAndRoles seem to work. It might
have something to do with subtransactions not being committed before the
template is evaluated, but the work-around in entry #6 still doesn't
solve the problem.
I'm using the standard out-of-the-box GroupUserFolder configuration
(User Folder sources for groups and users). I upgraded to the latest
version 3.2, but the bug is still happening, so that didn't solve the
problem.
If anyone can reproduce this intermittent bug, please tell me what kind
of user folder setup are you using?

	-Don