[Plone-UI] Making the contents tab consistent - a solution

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Jun 28 06:28:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:42:43 +0200, Danny Bloemendaal
<danny.bloemendaal at companion.nl> wrote:

> I think this is a good idea. It makes it a bit more cumbersome to get
> the parent-folder's contents view but that's ok.
>
> One thing I want to mention though is that the reason to open
> folder_contents is not only to do batch processing. Many products have
> another default view (like blogs) and in these cases, the only way to
> see what is in a folder is to open it in contents view. In the blog for
> instance, the default view only shows published items. Items in draft
> are inaccessible without contents view. Just my two cents ;-)

A better way to do this would be to make that controlled by permissions
instead of hardcoding "published" as the state (as we do in PHC), and
color-code the non-public items (and have a status indicator for the color
blind ;) to indicate that it was not publicly visible.