[Plone-UI] Re: Making the contents tab consistent - a solution

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Mon Jun 27 12:20:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:42:43 +0200, Danny Bloemendaal
<danny.bloemendaal at companion.nl> wrote:

> I think this is a good idea. It makes it a bit more cumbersome to get
> the parent-folder's contents view but that's ok.
>
> One thing I want to mention though is that the reason to open
> folder_contents is not only to do batch processing. Many products have
> another default view (like blogs) and in these cases, the only way to
> see what is in a folder is to open it in contents view. In the blog for
> instance, the default view only shows published items. Items in draft
> are inaccessible without contents view. Just my two cents ;-)
>
> Danny

That's a problem in the default view of those products IMO, when you have
the right to see such entries then you should be able to see them, maybe
with some mark that they aren't published or something. This should be
documented in a tutorial like "How to write good products for Plone" (we
could start with a simple FAQ).

Regards,
Florian Schulze