[Plone-UI] Re: Making the contents tab consistent - a solution

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Sun Jul 10 13:31:02 UTC 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 06:44 am, Gerry Kirk wrote:
> Another problem I have encountered with users is with default pages and
> the state / sharing pages. They come to the default page, and think that
> they are looking at the state of the folder, or that by clicking on
> sharing, they are changing the permissions on the folder.
>
> Not sure of the best way to address those things. It seems there needs
> to be a way to make it very clear that the current item looked at is
> *not* the folder. It would be nice if there were a number of indicators,
> in addition to the nav portlet, as it doesn't always make sense to use
> that portlet for every web site.

Similarly we may need an easier way to access the hide in navigation feature
of the parent folder.  The option I would suggest is to override the mutator
for that field so that if the current document is the default page, it will
automatically change the value on the parent.  Perhaps we would then need to
also alter the script that changes the default page to auto-enable the value
on former default pages, and disable it on newly selected default pages.  Of
course, this bit shouldn't be considered for includion in 2.1.

Alec