[Plone-UI] LIR (image replacement)

Markus Proske mproske at vmars.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 15 11:14:50 UTC 2005

Greeting to all of you,

as this is my first post on this list, I would love to introduce myself.
  Accompanying our distance labs project we are rebuilding (and
expanding) our administration system in Zope. We want to set up a new
portal too and decided to go with Plone. At the beginning, the portal
will host four groups of the Vienna University of Technology. Currently
I am playing around with a custom skin product...

...and just came accross the image replacement - but running current
plone/zope versions, this just changes the background-image but leaves
the text. (similar to Andy McKays example for portal-globalnav). As I
understand, the text should disappear, leaving just the image

Has anyone tried this before?

/* LIR (Langridge Image Replacement from
http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/lir/ */

#portlet-news h5 {
	padding: 16px 0 0 0;
	overflow: hidden;

	background-image: url("testbackground.png"); /* image: 80x16 */
	background-repeat: no-repeat;

	height: 0px; !important;
	height /**/:16px;         /* image height: bugfix for IE 5.5 */
}

Kind regards
-Markus